February 1, 2017
Here at Geek Forensics we get regular calls from worried businesses and individuals who think they might have been hacked or infected with Malware. These are some of the questions we ask in relation to desktops and laptops:
- Are you experiencing pop-ups – those annoying little windows that appear on-screen, often while web-browsing?
- Has this got worse recently?
- Are you getting search results from a different search engine to your usual one, or getting redirected to a different search web-page when you go online?
- Do you suddenly have an unwanted toolbar?
- Is your computer freezing, restarting or crashing? Or has it ground almost to a halt?
If the answer is Yes to any of the above, then you probably are infected.